Our one day train tour to Machu Picchu takes you on one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba River all the way to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the high Andes throughout the entire journey. Upon arrival to Machu Picchu Pueblo (aka Aguas Calientes) you are met by your guide who will board with you in the bus that takes you to the entrance of the "Lost city of the Incas", Machu Picchu citadel. Upon arriving at Machu Picchu citadel, you will receive a 2 hour guided tour of this enigmatic and mystic place which is now considered one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
Altitude at Machu Picchu - 2400m / 7873ft.
Train To Machu Picchu - PeruRail or IncaRail train
Distance from Cusco to Machu Picchu - 112km / 69.6 miles
Weather - dry from May to October, wet from November to April
To climb Huayna Picchu mountain you need to book in advance.
The MACHU PICCHU 1 DAY TOUR departs daily and it is available year round although the months of April till October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are the high season when this tour can be fully booked so be sure to make your reservations in advance. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season, please bring a good rain jacket and waterproof your belongings.
The MACHU PICCHU 1 DAY TOUR is rated normal to easy. It is important to feel comfortable walking for extended periods of time. You must also be acclimated to high altitude. If arriving from sea level, plan to spend at least 2 full days in Cusco prior to commencing this tour. This should allow plenty of time for acclimatization and give you sufficient opportunity to visit the city of Cusco and nearby Inca ruins at Sacsayhuaman, Q'enko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, as well as spending a day or two exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas visiting the trade market town of Pisac and the fascinating Inca fortress at Ollantaytambo
Let’s start the adventure!!!!
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 3:40am, and transfer you to the village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley where you'll board the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo (aka Aguas Calientes). The train will be in Executive Class with beautiful scenery throughout the journey. The train journey itself is an experience.
Following the course of the river down the Sacred Valley you'll arrive to Machu Picchu Pueblo (aka Aguas Calientes) and head straight up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour. The tour lasts for about 2.5 hours during which you'll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
After your tour you'll have free time to explore the site by yourself. There are various areas that are not included in the tour such as the Inca bridge, you can ask your guide for suggestions. Later in the afternoon you take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes where you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo. You will then be taken back to your hotel in Cusco.
• Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
• Transportation to Ollantaytambo train station in Group Service
• Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
• Bus ticket from Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) to Machu Picchu Citadel
• Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
• 2.5hr guided tour of Machu Picchu in Group Service
• Return bus ticket from Machu Picchu Citadel to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
• Train ticket from Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes) to Ollantaytambo train station
• Transportation from Ollantaytambo train station to hotel
• Original Passport
• ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
• Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
• Warm jacket
• Comfortable Trousers
• Sun hat
• Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
• Insect repellant
• Personal medication
• Camera and film
• Snacks that you can eat completely in one serving (There is no food allowed in Machu Picchu, so please be discreet)
• Hike to Huayna Picchu Mountain
• Hike to Machu Picchu Mountain
• The Machu Picchu tour is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure.
• If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion due to altitude, health, or for any other reason, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. INTIRAYMIPERU.COM does not cover the expenses made by the traveler due to abandonement such as meals, hotel, return transportation, medical expenses, etc.
• Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances such as civil unrest, worker strikes, etc. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, INTIRAYMIPERU.COM or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
• In case of force majeur, when a trek or tour cannot start or be completed, INTIRAYMIPERU.COM will find an alternative. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked tour, INTIRAYMIPERU.COM will refund the difference.
• It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. INTIRAYMIPERU.COM cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts
The Client may cancel this tour package at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by email@example.com. All reservations cancelled are subject to a cancellation fee:
|Cancelation Notice Received||Cancelation Penalty %|
|16+ Days advanced notice||$180 Penalty|
|10-15 Days advanced notice||60% Penalty of total booking paid|
|7-9 Days advanced notice||80% Penalty of total booking paid|
|0-6 Days advanced notice||100% Penalty of total booking paid|