Entry requirements to Peru
If you are traveling to Peru, you need to make sure you meet the following entry requirements:
- Passport with at least 6 months validity from the last day you will be in Peru
- Evidence of return or onward travel
These are the new sanitary measures for travelers arriving from abroad to Peru
Foreigners or nationals arriving from abroad with a negative antigen test for COVID issued 72 hours before boarding will no longer be received.
The Ministry of Transport and Communications modified the requirements to be met by passengers arriving in the country by air transport. This in order to continue with prevention measures against COVID.
- Among the main modifications is the provision that now every traveler entering Peruvian territory must have a negative antigen test result issued up to 24 hours before boarding and no longer 72 hours.
- In the event that the passenger presents the RT-PCR test for COVID, the term of having been done 72 hours in advance is maintained.
- Any of the results must be issued by a health institution in the country of origin.
- Likewise, in the case of rescheduling or delay of flights that lead to exceeding the validity of the results of the RT-PCR test or antigen detection test, these will be admitted as long as no more than 24 hours have elapsed.
- This situation is verified by presenting the two electronic or physical tickets (initial and the reprogramming) or by means of a document or communication that the airline issues about the flight delay or reprogration.
- The MTC exhorts all air transport passengers to respect and comply with health measures in order to protect their health and that of their families.