Enter the Inca Trail starting at KM104 and walk through the amazing Andean landscape until you reach Puerta del Sol, the original entrance used by the Incas. Only Inca Trail ticket holders can enter Machu Picchu through Puerta del Sol and experience reaching the main Inca ruins of Machu Picchu the way the Incas did.
• Food, water. You bring your own.
• Train to Km104. You must buy separately.
• Inca Trail guide not included. You must hire on your own.
• Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain hike not permitted with this ticket. Only the citadel of Machupicchu.
• Original Passport
• ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
• Small day pack
• Water to drink
• Rain jacket or poncho
• Dress in layers. It gets cold in the early morning and it gets very warm during the day
• Sun hat
• Sun protection
• Insect repellant for mosquitoes
• Personal medication
• Basic toiletries
• Snacks that you can eat completely in one serving (There is no food allowed in Machu Picchu, so please be discreet)
• Money in Peruvian Soles for tips and souveniers
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is rated moderate and any reasonably fit person should be able to cover the route. There are some challenging moments and altitudes of 4200m are reached, so ensuring that you are well acclimatized is important. If you are arriving from sea level, plan to spend at least 2 full days in Cusco prior to commencing the trek.
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is available all year round except February. The months of April until October are probably more comfortable since the weather is drier. June, July and August are in the high season when the Inca trail can become fully booked so be sure to make the Inca trail reservations in advance. The months of January and March are in the wet season so hiking the trail can be difficult unless you have a good rain jacket, good water-proof hiking shoes and waterproof your belongings
• The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu tour is non-transferable, and non-refundable. The participant can only change the date of departure but there is a 50 dollar change of date fee.